These systems have assumed great importance in today's internet-driven e-commerce business environment, where relentless competition and cost
pressures have all but eliminated manual processes.
In virtually all sectors, the standard has become shop, order, fulfill, bill, and pay online, with little tolerance for mistakes, missed commitments or
inaccurate billing. SERA systems are pervasive in consumer, business, and government markets. To compete effectively and profitably, systems supporting SERA must function efficiently
and without error; and enable rapid response to business opportunities.
decision/analysis partner's senior consultants have decades of experience with these critical systems, primarily in the telecommunications industry, perhaps
the most demanding environment for SERA. Consistent with our focus on management/operational consulting, the d/ap SERA practice specializes with the following events in the SERA life-cycle:
- Our SERAssessment evaluates the effectiveness of client systems relative to current best practices, business processes, and business requirements.
- Business Case Preparation examines the customer, financial, and organizational impacts of upgrading or replacing existing systems.
- Acquisition Support assists clients in requirements definition, the make-or-buy decision, RFP preparation, vendor proposal evaluation, and contract negotiation.
- Project Planning and Management will ensure that cost estimates, implementation schedules and deliverables are realistic and achievable. Project management services
monitor progress, track issues, address delays, and ensure that changes in functionality, cost, or schedule do not come as a surprise.
- Test Planning and Management provides a disciplined methodology, planning, and process management to ensure that this critical but often under-resourced activity is properly
planned, executed, and documented.
- Implementation/Launch Planning and Management ensure that the benefits of new functionality are realized through training and communication,
supplemented by methods and procedures documentation.