decision analysis partners organized an orientation visit designed to expose airport security officials from Latin American and Caribbean countries to U.S. technology and know-how regarding airport security, in order to promote US technology and services in light of the IDB loan. This orientation visit covers:
- The latest U.S.technology and hardware for passenger, baggage, and cargo screening,
- A comprehensive review of international and U.S.airport security standards,
- Resources available for security training. Hands-on experience at a major airport used by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to train federal security personnel,
- A visit to an important research facility for airport security,
- Seminars and discussions regarding organizational, administrative, and implementation issues,
- Meetings with international lending agencies to help understand finance issues pertaining to airport security, and
- A special presentation by a leading aviation consulting concern, which will provide an overview of the dynamic world of airport security since September 11, 2001.