decision analysis partners provided assistance to the U.S. Trade and Development Agency with developin terms of reference for a technical assistance study in Guatemala. The overall objective of this Technical Assistance (TA) project for the Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria (SAT) is to support the Government of Guatemala in its desire to implement customs transit processes and supporting ICT systems consistent with the core elements of the World Customs Organization (WCO) Framework of Standards. Specific objectives include:
- Modernization of Guatemala’s Customs Transit Control System, both processes and ICT systems, to better track and control international customs transits and transfer traffic both through and within Guatemala
- Harmonization and increased use of electronic data capture
- Increased use of advance electronic information such as international transit declarations, bills of lading, operators and modes, consistent with the most current version of the WCO standard Customs Data Model
- Provision of quick release benefits and resultant productivity to businesses that meet supply chain security requirements; and improved collection of customs tax revenues
- Support of overall risk management capabilities to detect contraband and/or security threats.